BeSafe in CyberSpace: Promo Edition
New and Revised!
As of May 3, 2013.
There are risks in participating in internet activity. Harassment, stalking, identity theft and even blackmail and kidnapping are risks that could come from exposing too much information online. It is important to know how to use the internet safely in order to have a positive online experience. It is important for kids and parents to know how to apply these skills at home, at school and in public places such as the library, and internet hot spots such as coffee shops and restaurants.
In BeSafe In CyberSpace Mark Seguin will give you a step by step guide on how to be safe online. From texting to cyberbullying to social media outlets, you need to be aware of how to keep your family safe.
- Learn how jobs and colleges are using social media to screen applicants.
- Read tips on how to protect your children on social media.
- Give tips to your teens on how to safely post and interact on social media.
- Learn how to safely set up your Facebook page.
BeSafe in CyberSpace: Complete Edition
In addition to the above information, the complete edition includes:
- How to identify and what to do about cyberbullying and sexting.
- What it takes to build great passwords that you can use over and over again.
- How to stay safe with laptops, computers, iPads and smartphones.
- How to turn off “geo-tags” that give your location away to anyone on the internet.
- Be aware of identity theft and take the necessary precautions.
- Learn the lingo that teens are using online and on their phones.
- How to set up safe profiles on Facebook, Google +, Instagram and Twitter.
- Get a template of how to setup a Family Internet Contract for your family.